Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yes Wii CAN! (ok that was kinda lame...)

Ok my next addiction...SMH, I cannot even keep u all guessing. The title of this blog gave it away. Sooooo, yes. I was given a Wii (the last one available in Montreal that weekend) as a late Xmas gift. See, I never thought I'd become addicted to a video game...Don't get me wrong. I was born in the 80's and my parents got us everything from Atari, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega CD, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Game Boy, and Playstation...So yeah I played with those as a youngin and had a lot of fun doing so...Fast forward to now. I heard about the Wii so many times on the news and its benefits, and my curious nature got the best of me. I did my own research and decided I wanted to get one. Then I heard about it even more, so I decided I needed one badly... For months I have been tracking it on various websites in order to get one, and for months they have been sold out. Every store but Ebay Stores ran out...and the prices on Ebay were damn near hilarious...Ranging from 600-800 bucks...Yeah, that's a car payment and 3/4 of a mortgage payment...No thanks. So I finally got my Wii...didn't get to play with it until the next day cause I had to work late...but when I finally hooked it up...My oh my. There were no words to describe how happy and excited I was...I was having too much fun! Way too much. I tried the Wii Sports and played around for 30 mins and I was amazed at how much fun I was having. Suddenly I didn't feel as bad about skipping the gym all week long. I worked out (played) in the comfort of my home and I felt so good. The boxing is my favorite. After every K.O, I raise my hands in the air and do a lil "victory" dance...And my Mii (my Wii avatar) mimics my moves...She's baaaaaad! Bad as in good! Just like me...She just be killing 'em on the ring! The other day I (well SHE) K.O'd 5 dudes in a row...so I was like "Somebody, anybody, please gimme some ears to chew off cause I'm feeling so Mike Tyson'ish right now!!!" I am also loving the tennis game...I get my Serena Williams on and it's a wrap! No one on the tennis court got presidence like me ( presidence = new term replacing "SWAGGER" in 09 )... I am a BEAST on the court! No for real...I kill em. Bowling is fun too...I suck so hard @ baseball and golf...but what is funny is that I used to play softball and took golfing classes a few years ago. Go figure :-/ The golfing game is soooo funny cause there is an audience "Ooooh'ing and Awwww'ing" outta nowhere. I get a lot of "Awww" cause I clearly need to step my game up on the golf course. Baseball, I won't even discuss. So yes, I am officially addicted to :


Wii (smh)

I dunno if I can ever thank him enough for this beautiful gift...it was well worth the wait. I cannot wait to get home just to play with it...Oh by the way, it is a brutally honest game...My Wii fitness age was assessed
(http://http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/11/12/wii-sports-training-and-fitness-modes-documented/) and I was kinda disappointed...I thought I was doing so good LMAO! But anyways, I know that I need to decrease that number and bring it closer to my REAL age...Doesn't matter though, I still had fun trying the various games...My next purchase will be the whole Wii Fit bundle. Hopefully I will have as much fun with it... I'm @ work now and cannot wait to be reunited with it...Until then, I shall be dreaming about it. I hope.

Ok gotta go! :o)

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I'd see the day a video game had you hooked. I thought this blog was supposed to be about purging? I don't see you purging that any time soon.

    ReplyDelete