Friday, January 23, 2009

What are YOU doing?!

Ok so it's a new year...New pic. Jacked from Shepard Fairey's theme for his Obama "Hope" and "Change" posters...Surprising? No. As u can tell from my previous entry, Barack Obama is my *obsession* ...ok sorry he's my current hero. He's so inspiring...His inauguration moved me to tears, something like 50-11 times...I felt beyond proud and honored to witness such a GREAT historical moment...I've witnessed 9/11, and it was such a devastating time...I've witnessed a black HAITIAN woman here in Canada being elected as Governor General of Canada and it made me feel proud! Witnessing Barack Obama though...wow. I can't even find the words to properly describe how I felt...Oh and it didn't help that I was on full PMS-mode. So the tears...yeah, they were ridiculous! Outta control...But I'm so glad...So proud! So inspired. So moved! I loved it! I cannot wait til he comes to Canada...I will make it an obligation to be present. Obama shirt and all...
Umm, this post wasn't supposed to be Obama related...but I just couldn't help it. I woke up in the middle of the night from tuesday-wednesday so I could catch some highlights of his inauguration on the news...And I couldnt fall back to sleep...the moment was so magical...Obama, Mr. (black) President....u owe me some much needed sleep! TY in advance...
My holiday season was...it was ok. I was with my Dad, spent good times with him. He's the bestest dad...ever. Period! Made me laugh so hard, I was in tears. The rest of the time I was alone. I worked. Nothing special. Santa was good to me...I hope everyone had good times! I wish you all a wonderful, healthy, lovely, prosperous, successful 2009...
A few posts ago, I mentionned my addiction to my Blackberry...It's still pretty serious. The night my BB was out of order, I chatted with a close friend of mine in the middle of the night, and he told me about this cool website he just couldn't seem to get enough of. He sent me the link...and since I was bored outta my mind and in full BB panic/crisis/hysteria mode, I decided to check it out...At first I checked it out in hopes that I would find a beautiful soul who could help me revive my precious BB, but alas, I didn't find anyone to help with that tragedy. So I decided to browse around the website, came accross pages dedicated to or managed by artists, celebrities, models, politicians (BARACK OBAMA too!!!) and the website become more and more intriguing and interesting...I created an account for myself...and since then, I think I am slowly, but SURELY developping an addiction to..... :
*~TWITTER~*
(bows head in shame...)
I constantly check it out for updates, or to get my Twittering-On, add new folks, follow folks around...I couldn't get enough of it, so I downloaded the TwitterBerry application for my precious BB. It's such a cool website...it's great for nosey folks...To use Twitter, one just has to answer one simple question : "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" in a maximum of 140 characters...Sounds simple...It is. It's also potentially addictive. I have been trying to change my profile picture for the past hour, and I keep getting a message telling me that Twitter is over-capacity and to try again in a few...Every second, someone updates their Twitter page by answering the simple question "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I just checked the public timeline and I counted 20 ppl who had updated their page less than 5 seconds prior to the time I checked it out...And I stopped at 20 but there were many many more...So thanks to my friend DirtyLove, I have a new, completely crazy, funny, cool addiction and it looks like it's just getting better!!! OK gotta go...Gotta make sure I can upload this new picture and read the lastest updates available...! Gotta love it! I feel so dirty inside...lmaooo!
Twit-y'all later!
Dee
(add me on Twitter : AhhDeektiv)

No comments:

Post a Comment