Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm assuming that it is just like crack...

*waving*
Omg, I've come to the realization that I have been in denial about my next addiction for the longest... Now, there is no denying it, I can't even try to supress the feelings that are attached to this next addiction I'm about to talk about... It's kind of shocking too, because I have never been one to give much importance to material stuff...Honestly, there are a lot of things I can live without...but this? Nope. I can't even front....I'd seriously be playing myself if I even attempted to *purge* myself out of this addiction... I can't hold it anymore, I have to shout it out and let it be known to the universe that I'm EXTREMELY, RIDICULOUSLY addicted to :
My Blackberry
It never ever leaves my sight. I *sometimes* bring it to the bathroom with me...I carry it on me at all times...I bring it in my bed (not the bedside table) , I even put my purse in the backseat, while it stays on the passenger seat...and if I completely lose my mind over it one day, I will ask my passenger friends and family (well minus the parents) to join my purse in the backseat too, and leave my Blackberry in the front seat. I've made it to work late on several occasions, just because I've accidently left it at home, so I had to go back to get it...One time I left it in the staff room @ work, and I started having palpitations at the thought of losing it... Even when that happened, I still wouldn't admit that I was addicted to it... Pure sadness :o(
One day, I was already running late for work (my lateness is another habit I'm trying to purge out) and I left it at work overnight....That night was one of the worst nights for me....I couldn't sleep on my break, I kept on checking all the emails attached to it, to make sure I was not missing anything. I kept on calling my voicemail to make sure I wasn't missing any calls... Finally around 4 AM, I checked my GMAIL account and saw that I had one email there that was sent around 3:-something AM...I began to see red...Only to realize it was an Amazon.com book suggestions email...Still I was pissed that I was Blackberry-less for one night...When we were finally reunited in the morning once I got home, I made sure that I did not miss ANYTHING, not a text, a phone call, a PIN-to-PIN message....everything was fine and I could finally sleep peacefully... 2 weeks ago, a Blackberry Operating System upgrade gone wrong has caused me to *kill* my Blackberry...every single piece of information, data, applications, media files, themes....everything was lost...All I had was a white screen and the word "reset" in the center of the white screen with "error 531 or 581 or 731" Anyways, long story short, this turned out to be a fatal error, and I was not able to recover any of the information that was lost in the process... I spent a total of 6 hours trying to figure out what could've went wrong...called my service provider (Rogers Wireless), tried many different solutions, none of them worked...That night, I was in such "emotional" distress that I signed up for a Twitter account...I actually even chatted with "offbrands" on my Yahoo messenger list...just in case one of them would happen to know how to help me bring my "Precious" back to health... (I know that was shallow, but hey, I was a damsel in uber distress) . Alas, none of them knew what to do, which is why they shall remain listed in the "offbrand" category. I slept for 4 hours that night, and went to the Rogers Wireless store with my dead Blackberry first thing in the morning to see if they could get it fixed...Unfortunately there was nothing they could do, the update I was trying to install was not compatible with Windows Vista, which is what I used...I ended up having to buy another Blackberry. I could not get a replacement because the problem was not caused by some type of defect. I was not too happy about having to spend that extra money, but I couldn't live another hour without it...It's my addiction...My Crackberry, My Precious. It's right up there, next to my love for shoes...
I wonder if there is some kinda Rehab program for Blackberry Addicts Anonymous? Im sure there must be something out there...I mean there are a bunch of websites for Blackberry Maniacs, and I have visited a few of them and people just keep on signing up to get the latest in Blackberry goodies, the latest news, latest applications, latest upgrades, etc...I am just amazed at how practical Blackberries are, and how essential mine is to my daily life. It is the best thing I have ever purchased. I wanted the iPhone for a hot minute, but that minute ended a while ago and I have never revisited the thought of buying an iPhone...I do require an iPod touch though....I think that will be my Xmas gift to myself this year.
Ok gotta check on my *baby*, she needs to be put on the charger over night...So she can perform to her full capacities tomorrow :o)
Toodles!

1 comment: